In Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 there is a Generic Test type that allows to integrate with automation tools like QTP
- In Solution Explorer, right-click a test project, point to Add, and then click Generic Test.
A template for a generic test is added to your test project and opened in the main editing window. The new generic test is given a default name, such as GenericTest1.generic, and is displayed in Solution Explorer within the test project.
- Under Specify an existing program (a test, test harness, or test adapter) to wrap as a generic test, indicate the path and file name of the test, program, or third-party tool to wrap into a generic test.
- (Optional) Under Command line arguments to pass to the generic test, type one or more arguments to pass. Separate multiple arguments with spaces.
- (Optional) Under Additional files to deploy with this generic test, specify any files that the test must have to run correctly.
- (Optional) Under Working Directory, specify a directory that the executable file is to use as a working directory as it runs.
- (Optional) Specify the name of a results file.
- Save the generic test.