Over the last decade, we have seen an explosive growth in the usage of mobile devices, mobile applications, service/application providers and web content. The key drivers for mobility testing include:
- Mobile environments differ – unlike the traditional wired environment in PCs with high memory capacity, mobile phones are wireless devices with wireless infrastructure with a software exclusively designed for low memory phones operating on a wireless environment
- Deliver higher quality apps – increase consumer satisfaction and fulfill their expectations and requirements – all of which lead to increased mobile revenue and profits!
- Get To Market Faster - avoid costly delays by testing throughout the application development process and also to ensure reduced support costs
- Global testing coverage – to validate applications across operating systems, platforms, languages, and more
Our Mobility Testing service ensures all-round testing of your mobile applications for functionality, performance, security, interruption, longevity, conformance, usability, etc. We also validate the mobile application integration with various enterprise applications where ever applicable.
Functional TestingTesting of mobile applications for various scenarios based on specifications. This testing also involves the manual verification of the interfaces of the app with the given requirements
Interruption:Testing done to verify the stability of the application when there are interrupts from other applications (call manager etc.,) working on the phone, push services, a call, an SMS.
Longevity:Longevity testing, also called as endurance testing, evaluates the application ability to handle a constant, moderate work load for a long time. In addition to this Mobile device performance should be verified under various conditions namely
- Full memory
- Low memory
- Low battery
- Low network signal strength
- External Memory usage
- Updating the software
Testing the application for Web content accessibility, Mobile Application Accessibility, WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
Testing application on devices with different service provider, wireless, bandwidth etc
Testing the application security from access credentials to vulnerability of the app, how good it is in protecting data and maintaining functionality as intended.
The purpose of performance testing is to identify and isolate the performance bottlenecks and to optimize code that has bottlenecks.
Automation of repeatable test cases using tools that are specific for Mobile Application automation such as Appium, Selenium, Genymotion, TestQuest Pro, SeeTest etc.